Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friends and Dorm Life

By: Alexander Merriweather

When in high school, I always had friends around me to talk and assist me in my work. Now attending college I am separated from my high school friends I made my bonds with. This made me have to make new friends from different places to choose from. Many students had to go through this process when they transition from high school to college. There are many ways to make friends while in college.
When a student first goes to college, they are usually assigned a dorm room and a roommate. Their roommate may be ranged from insanely similar or extremely different from the student. When my roommate came for my summer program last summer, we were insanely similar to each other. Also, dorm life can be a good or bad thing depending the roommate’s choices. My roommate had a problem with his organization, which caused an odor in our room that drove most people away. But my roommates for this semester are pretty good with taking care with their stuff.
Dorm life can be interesting depending on the students in the dorm. This is because they are living with other for the entire freshman year. So far my semester is very interesting because the students in my hallway are similar to things I like. Also, everybody is different from each other. They are smart in different things. So they have different strengths and weaknesses. But one student’s strength can be another student’s weakness. That student can help the other student strengthen that weakness so they don’t have to fail that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment